Sunday, October 21, 2012

Pin It

Google Analytics has really evolved!

Just now I was thinking about how to get a more detailed view of my traffic sources, so that I can optimize the links I put on different social sites. I remembered I had a Google Analytics account which I had stopped using after the time when the .co.cc domains were banned from Google. I had at that time reached the first page of Google for many keywords. I was getting around 1000 visitors only from Google using a .co.cc free domain that was only a couple of months old.

Google analytics and the need for it


So I logged in to the GA account and I was really surprised at the great new interface presented in front of me. It took me two minutes to get accustomed to where they had put all the options. It was intuitive, and I really liked a couple of features.

For example the Real-time visitor tracking was awesome!

So enough about that but what I am actually here to talk about is that every webmaster needs a Google Analytics account, or for that matter any of the analytics you are comfortable with works. Because you have to know where you are getting your customers from and from where you are not getting any traffic. After that strengthen the tactics from where you are already receiving traffic and look into why you are getting from the other sources. With a couple of trials and errors I am sure you'll get the hang of it!

Analytics tools are lifeline for a webmaster, because if you cannot optimize the sources of traffic then people will never actually reach your website and then the whole reason for creating the website is lost. You wouldn't wish that even for your enemies, right?

So those of you who have already created a website, go ahead and integrate GA into your website and you'll thank me someday!! ;)


No comments:

Post a Comment